NEW CONVENIENT TELEPHONE SERVICE AVAIALABLE FROM TUESDAY 8TH NOVEMBER
From Tuesday 8th November patients will be able to order their prescriptions over the telephone via a new convenient service called Prescription ordering direct (POD) This is a service set up by the Swindon CCG. This will be a quick and simple telephone call. patients will speak to a dedicated person who will have time to answer any repeat prescription queries
Click here to order your prescription using the old system
Click here to order prescription through SystmOnline
Repeat prescriptions will only be accepted in writing, or by completing the right hand side of your existing script and delivering it back to the surgery, or via the SystmOne Online Access system. We will need 3 working days notice to process your request.
You may collect your prescription from us or request it to go to the pharmacy for collection (some pharmacies will collect the prescription and deliver it for you).
If you would like this posted back to you then please supply a stamped addressed envelope.
As of 1st January 2012 we have changed our clinical and appointments system to SystmOne. Part of this system will allow you to request repeat medication directly online. To access the SystmOne Online Access please click here.
Logging in to SystmOnline
To use the SystmOnline service, you will need to attend the practice to request a user name and password. You cannot register for this service online because your identity needs to be verified. You will need to provide an official document ( passport/ Driving Licence etc) that has a photograph of you.
Once a member of staff has given you a user name and a random password, wait an hour before trying to log in to the website.
Enter your user name and password and click Login. You will then see the SystmOnline Home Page, which shows your details and our GP practice's contact details at the top.
You can navigate to all the online services from here, and can return to the Home Page by clicking Home in the blue menu bar, or by clicking the Back button on any page.
Logging out of SystmOnline
To log out:
- Click the Logout link on the Home Page or the Logout button on the main menu bar.
- Close your Internet browser.
Note: The website will automatically log out after a period of inactivity. Type in your user name and password to re-enter the site.
Managing Prescriptions with SystmOnline
For certain drugs, you can request a new prescription.
Click the Current Prescriptions link on the Home Page, or the Current Prescriptions button on the main menu bar.
All current repeat prescriptions are listed with the drug, dosage, quantity, last issued date and status. An empty tick box in the left-hand column means you can ask for a new prescription for that drug.
To request a repeat prescription:
- Select the drug by ticking the box in the left-hand column. If the item you require is not listed or if you need to include further information with your request, type the details into the Medication Request Notes field. When providing this information, you should bear in mind that it may be visible to all practice staff.
- Click Request Medication. The Medication Order Summary is displayed, stating that a request has been sent to the practice to re-prescribe the item(s), and that the prescription will be ready for collection in two working days (after 2pm).
- Click Return to Current Medication to return to the Current Prescriptions page where the status of the drug will show that it has been requested.
Changing your SystmOnline Password
You will initially be given a random password but you can change this to something more memorable. Passwords must be eight or more characters long and must contain at least one number and one non-alphanumeric character, e.g. '!' or '?'
- Click the Change Password link on the Home Page.
- Enter the current password.
- Enter the new password.
- Re-enter the new password.
- Click Submit. You are advised to memorise the new password, and not to write it down or disclose it to anyone else.
- Click Back.
Changing your Contact Details
To change your address, telephone number(s) or email address:
- Click the Change Contact Details link on the Home page.
- Enter your new details then click Submit new contact details. A message is displayed, showing that your details were sent successfully.
Note: If you are happy for the practice to send text messages to your mobile telephone, e.g. appointment reminders, select Allow SMS notifications and ensure that you have provided your mobile telephone number.
SystmOnline Usage and Privacy Policies
Please use this service responsibly. In the case of any abuse of the service, wecanprevent you from accessing the service by stopping your user name and password from working.
Examples of irresponsible use of the system may include, but are not limited to:
- registering at a GP practice when you have no intention of using it as your usual GP practice
- registering at a GP practice outside your catchment area
- booking appointments you have no intention of attending
- repeatedly booking and then cancelling appointments
- repeatedly requesting prescriptions that you do not need
We are committed to protecting your privacy online. The personal information you enter on this website is strictly controlled. Information entered is available only to members of staff with appropriate access rights at the GP practice - i.e. those managing appointment booking, repeat prescribing and patient registration. Your personal information will not be shared with any third parties. Your personal information will not be sold to any third parties.